Oct 28, 2008

What a gift!


It's still morning and as I look over to see who of my friends has "blogged" today, the thought came to mind that this undoubtedly is another way for God to remind me to pray for someone. I firmly believe that our prayers for one another, altho we may not know what in particular they are dealing with, are necessary not only for their well-being but ours as "intercessors." Since my family and I relocated to the central valley almost ten years ago, we came following that unmistakeable 'hand-holding' of God. We didn't really know too many people or the city or schools. We left our home church in San Luis Obispo with the task to find a new church body to plug into. It was certainly an adventure and has continued to be the same. All that said, the main focus that we had was to be able to invest our lives into others as God led. I could write a book, but have seen that it isn't necessarily important to remember all the details of how God has led, instead it is to see the differences He's made because we followed His lead. What I value most is the fact that I have seen Him not only take myself and others face to face with challenges and barriers in life, but continually gives the grace to walk through it. That sounds almost trite doesn't it? So here is the word picture...It is when we are at our end that He literally wants to pick us up in his strong capable arms, and carry us. If I were asked today what I am most thankful for in my life, and were told that everything else would be taken away, I would opt out for the people that are "God-placed" in my heart. I have laughed, and cried with them. I have sat and listened and prayed with them. I have hurt and mended with them, and will continue to recognize that the most effective tool I have to use in their behalf is to pray for them. I like it that the word PRAYER can sometimes be defined as having a conversation with God. Sometimes we are embarrassed that we will say something wrong, but that can't be when we are talking with God, can it? I've changed the title of my blog to 'Practicing His Presence.' I see that there really isn't any learning curve in talking with God. He just wants to be a part of our lives, enjoys our company and having a conversation with us. So may I encourage you to just go for it...Start your morning with Him...tell Him about your day...Spend a little time in His love letter to you...You'll be glad you did, as well as learn what a real friend is along the way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are bloggin, Bonnie. i love, love, love to hear from you. I cannot get enough.

Mama Mote said...

Just found your blog. Glad to see you here, too. Liked this because we are in the midst of figuring out what God wants us to do. It's exciting and a little scary, kind of, but just waiting to see if we will stay here or move to LA. I'll have to catch you up or you can read my blogs or facebook notes.