May 9, 2009

Truth or Consequences & Mother's Day


I have come to the conclusion that what has motivated me during my children's growing up years, has been try to keep them from doing something stupid that I've once done myself. Please understand my lack of being able to put this in any gentler terms, but I can't look back over my poor decisions and then look at the consequences (whether they be known or unknown :-), and want my kids to make those same mistakes. Do you ever wonder why you feel you know what your daughter's are thinking when they want to do something questionable. I always felt I knew what their motivations were, even though they wanted me to think all was "innocent." This is when we have to realize that our control is short-lived, at most. The thought that "what Mom & Dad don't see won't hurt them," isn't anything new, no matter what year we were born. The upside of this is that God's promises are true when He says that if we "Direct our children onto the right path, when they are older, they will not leave it."Prov. 22:6
This certainly doesn't mean that we raise them to be like us...but, we have to remember that more is caught then taught. We have to be examples in every area of our lives and always, always, put the ones that we've been given to live in front of, first. As Moms & wives, we give and give of every possible resource we have. Emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. Sometimes without a thank you or even just a little time off. This is where God wants to fill us back up with Himself. He has completely equipped us. "By using Scripture, a (wo)man of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing." II Tim.3:17
Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Ideally, we would be pampered, loved, and appreciated. However, things still have to be picked up and straightened, dishes put in the dishwasher, we are not the only ones that have to be dressed, etc. A Servant's Heart is one of our labels, right ladies? Let's have the best Mom's Day ever and be happy with all we are blessed with. Let's keep giving and remember we are the recipients of the Greatest Gift Giver of all, who withholds no good thing from us. I think you are all SUPER-MOM'S!

1 comment:

cp said...

Bonnie, always love reading your journal. Always makes my heart cry and smile at times!! Thank you for being you and sharing your love!!

Love, CP