Jun 16, 2009

Why do we make it so hard?


I have heard lately many renditions of what scripture really says. Now, I don't consider myself to have a handle on most things, but my simple mind has come to the conclusion that God isn't nearly as concerned that I understand or even agree with everything that crosses my path, as He is that I not loose my grip on just holding on to Him for all I need. The majority of christian writers, teachers, and pastors are much more well-read and intelligent than I, but I do know that like becoming more the master of my healthcare, I have my Bible and I can read and understand it for myself as well ... This is God's love letter to us, and it is written for us and to us. The book of James cautions me to watch for those that would put their own slant on God's truth, twist it to say what they want to hear, and use it to make themselves look better than they are. We all start in the same place...as sinners that God has given the gift of His own Son, who has bridged the gap our sin presents by giving His life on the cross for us in order that we be able to experience a personal relationship with Him. My position on the health & wealth, and power of positive thinking ideas, has evolved over the past few years in my walk with Jesus by journeying thru life's circumstances, reading and "digesting" the Word, and now lately reading a little book called "the 4:8 Principle." In it the writer expounds on the rather simplistic truth that as believer's we are to first concentrate on making sure that our thoughts are held captive by our heavenly Father's intentions for us. "finally brothers(sisters), whatever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, & good report..think on these things." It is when we just follow this recipe for success that no matter what crosses our paths, good, bad or indifferent, we find we are already equipped through Him that loves us so, and to walk through it hand in hand. Being "covered", "transformed by the renewing of our minds", "thoroughly furnished", is our legacy as sons and daughters of the King. Being JOY-FILLED is meant to be our natural state as we just take what is ours because of Him who went before us in every way. All these other thoughts that pull us aside from practicing His presence through faith only render us faithless as we listen to the wrong people. Our ineffectiveness is Satan's greatest satisfaction where we are concerned. Veering away from the simplicity of God's Truth is the challenge. Trying to make sense of everything that comes our way is human, but trusting our Creator is the key to being able to watch God orchestrate our lives for our and His ultimate good. "We are over-comer's...Being conquerors through Him who loves us so." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt7gKnzXYXc

No comments: