Aug 13, 2008

What is around the next corner?

I have always loved roller coasters. You know the big ones that really take your breath away? I remember that I once talked my sweet Mom into riding with me while our family of four were visiting the Santa Cruz boardwalk. She was always so quiet, gentle and gracious...I'm not much like her, but have always wanted to be. Her walk with Jesus was so evident in her life. She was the one who always encouraged me to not react, but respond instead. Anyway, that roller coaster was not only high and fast, but it was very loud because it was wooden, which made it seem all the more exciting to me, but not to her. Needless to say, that was the last one we ever rode together, but I'll never forget that time. It was great fun and she completely put her fears and inhibitions aside just to be with me for those short few minutes, doing something that I loved and she didn't. Isn't that unconditional love?

Over the past several days I have been on life's roller coaster and also have experienced being an undeserving recipient of God's unconditional love and grace. Oh, I know that it's always the case, but I've experienced His "obvious" blessing when He could have just let me sit and stew. I can remember a few other times in my life where He made his love and provision for me so obvious and timely. It has literally pulled me out of hopelessness to expectancy... I can't wait to see what He is going to do next. Blessings are God's way of "winking" at us sometimes. Not earth changing, but when we catch the eye of the winker, that bit of special attention makes us feel valued. God has done that for me lately and I sense His presence in new ways knowing that He loves me extravagantly.

Do you know that our Father is very fond of you too? He is.

2 comments:

suedonaldson said...

hey! you've joined ! Now i can comment on you, sweet friend! my back went out this morning - don't think i could handle a rollercoaster! Thank God for Aleve! xx

Bonnie said...

Ouch! Don't expect me to write anything earth shaking. Just will use this to think out loud a little. Stay still, hard for you, I know, and get to feeling better.(;)