Oct 13, 2008

What's in a name?


Do you have a special name? Lately, I have received several different "forwards" via email that have to do with names. Names that are created using other names, or names that might be mine if I were some type of fictional character. I have to admit that some are quite comical and actually pretty creative. The names though that peak my interest are the ones that God calls me by. Have you ever thought of it, or read different scriptures that refer to you as belonging to Him? I hadn't until I read the book Captivating. In it the writer speaks of God's name for me. Reading that statement in the book literally "captivated" me. I know that I am important to God, but had never realized it in that way as I did that moment. If you have never done a word study, this might be something that would clarify your importance to God in a way that you've never sensed before. Try looking up words like beloved, mine, child, or lamb. I think you will be surprised at how many different times we are referred to lovingly in His Word. God's Father figure is something we never grow out of, no matter how old we get. I remember sitting in my own Dad's lap until I couldn't fit anymore. I love that we never outgrow our heavenly Father's lap or His embrace. Hmmm. Sounds delightful, doesn't it? Use a few minutes to get to know Him better. He desires our company. Blessings!

No comments: