Nov 1, 2008

A few "Idiot"-syncrosies and other things!


I am a huge proponent to having my "things" work! That would be cars, appliances, lights, my playlist...and I can't stand things that squeak or rattle, oh, and the endless dribble of talk radio. It bugs me that there are people that literally make a good living at nothing more than debating every issue known to man. There you go, now you know something you didn't about me, and were probably better off without.
OK, so let's be normal now, Bonnie.
We had a fantastically successful Trunk or Treat extavaganza lastnight in our office parking lot. Families came from all over, many returning from prior years. We made sure there was plenty to do for ages 2-4, and I don't even know how many little girls fingernails I painted in our Girlie Booth. Five on each hand times ???. I loved it! Super slides, bounce houses, mini-car races, mazes, etc. Can't even begin to guess how many were there, but it was a boatload. The previous years we were able to guesstimate the numbers by counting the food bought and sold. This year we asked the little drive thru mexican resturant next door, to make a special menu, which they did, and the only food we had was cupcakes (for the walk,) and popcorn. So much easier, less messy, and gave more hands to man all the game booths and rides, as well as added revenue for the resturant. It sprinkled the day of and the night before, but lastnight it was perfect. Not too cold, people were very relaxed and fun was had by all. Being able to do things for our community is very gratifying and good for our businesses as well.
Hope you had some fun with your family(s). Now we have to hold on to our hats as we race towards Thanksgiving and Christmas. I look forward to hearing about all of your holiday plans. If you have any special ideas, or recipes, please share the wealth....and remember how much God loves YOU.

p.s. Music is back up...yeah!

2 comments:

Nonni said...

I am glad to hear that the Trunk or Treat went well! I missed being there to help...I enjoyed doing it last year. This year I had my "adopted" kids over with their little baby and we had pizza and played Sorry in between answering the door for Trick or Treaters. It was a nice evening but I sure missed being down there with you. We have fun together! Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas...we'll rip it up then, ok? OK!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a plan to me!