Nov 3, 2008

Don't let this opportunity pass you by...


Here we are just a few short hours away from playing a part in our country's continued journey for freedom. To exercise that freedom with responsibility according to the truth of God's Word is something that many people have given both life and limb for. I have been taken back by quite a few individuals who, even though they have this right, are refusing the responsibility they have to vote their conscience. They use the excuse that they don't like either candidate, and that they are confused about the propositions presented. My answer to each one is that #1. Not voting is giving away your vote #2. There has been enough time and information to research for ourselves to find which leaders to follow #3. In my opinion I have come to the conclusion that there are only two leading issues that have been "socially" clouded, but must be protected according to my faith and God's Word. They are Protecting the Unborn and Protecting the Sacrament of Marriage between a man and a woman. I am a simple woman with a simple mind, and have heard every possible argument for both of these issues from those that don't feel the need to protect what God has authored from creation. I will state my case with this comment. To protect a woman's right to her own body that she has already surrendered by making the choice to have sex, takes away her option to make another choice for another life. I know many will say that rape or incest should be a factor, however, the old adage that "two wrongs don't make a right," still holds. There are other options, i.e. adoption. Secondly, if two same-gendered individuals want to live together, that is completely up to them. I don't have to agree with it, but I don't believe that they should have more rights than a man and a woman in a traditional marriage. To teach our children anything without parental permission takes away and waters down the family unit as it was intended. Do I use the scripture as my basis for these beliefs. Absolutely! There are few things left in life that are deemed "Sacred." One is LIFE and the other is MARRIAGE. Forgetting these two basic and foundational truths underminds all our country and it's founding fathers were inspired by at its' inception. The inerrant Word of God clearly shows that veering from this foundational system only brings us closer to the destruction of our country as we know it, our families and the health therein, and our strength as individuals. We have wasted away to be all about ourselves and have become so watered down in every aspect of our lives that we don't even stand out as a people anymore. We have all turned inward due to our lack of character, integrity, work ethic, and tolerance. Probably the one thing that made up my mind about Mr. Obama was when he refused to wear a lapel pin of the American flag and said that, "he didn't want others to think that by wearing the flag, he was taking sides." We've lost our edge, our strength, our values my friends. We have become weak and think that in the name of tolerance, others will respect us. I encourage each of you to pray for this country and it's leaders. Then also, we must pray for ourselves to have the wisdom to see what is the Truth. "If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and turn from their wicked ways. Then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land."