Nov 7, 2008

Whoa, 2008! ! !



I am doing my best to keep this month from going by too fast. If I could stop the clock every few hours it would make me feel better. Already it seems the calendar is filling up with extra curricular activities. Go to bed, get up, get going, miss lunch, hurry home for dinner, go to bed again...and that is how it goes. Every year I try to make a tryst with myself to enjoy each day and make memories at as much as I can, and with those that are so important to me. So now that I'm a week almost past the starting line of this holiday season, I'm sensing that it's going to have to be a conscious effort on my part to make this happen. I don't want to find that I've "squeezed" in so much that I don't remember it all. It's true you know, the older we get the faster time goes by. Here I am the mother of 25 yr & 22 yr old daughters, and a soon to be 19 yr old son. How did that happen? I watch all the "babies" whose births were eagerly anticipated these past few years and they have grown so fast. Maybe if we just wouldn't get older as they grow, all of this would be more palatable.
So have you been through a Costco or Sam's Club yet? Or maybe a Home Goods Store? __???__ is closer than we want to think. Would you remind me to not get bogged down in all the goings and comings, but rather enjoying the moments? I love the change in the weather, the rainy days, the clear, crisp blue sky days that bring out the sweaters and make your nose run. The snow on the mountains, and pomogranets on my tree...They are so pretty. Well, till next time remember that I'm thankful for each one of you.

4 comments:

Nonni said...

Ahhh, there is the entry! I couldn't find it before. The time is indeed flying past. Laying hold of moments is not always easy is it. Like encouraging one another toward good works...lets do the same for taking time to savor those oh so fleeting moments...we don't want to miss a thing!
P.S.- Have you checked out Caseys blog...its Christmas!!!! there.

Nonni said...

P.S.- Did you say that you have Pomegranates? Do they keep well? If they do will you save me one for Christmas? :-)

God's Girl said...

Oh... I agree. It seems as soon as October passes, the holidays are upon us! I love this season and I, too, would like it to slow down a bit.

Nice to 'meet' you : )

Unknown said...

I so wish we could spend a lot of time at Thanksgiving. What an attitude adjustment we could have if we really considered our blessings. Our country, our neighborhoods and our families would be different. They would focus on the positive. Focus on things that are worthy of Him. I want to come over! Coffee at your house would be fun. All my love, as always.