Jan 13, 2009

Truer words never spoken...

This is a shortie but a goodie...
We heard a gentleman tell a story....He was preaching at an outdoor service and they had predicted rain all week, the morning of the service dawned with pouring rain, the man continued to beg the Lord for the rain to stop, just as he had all week, and while standing on the platform in pouring rain, arms lifted high, angry at the Lord, not understanding why the Lord had withheld this blessing -the Lord spoke..."you have been more concerned with the absence of rain, than with the presence of Me."

How are we doing within the boundaries of His presence so far in 2009?  When I read this( on another blog,) it stopped me "in my tracks."  I hope that I have alot of these days.  Days where I am pulled back, reigned in, and loudly reminded that this is the place I need to be.  A place where I am passionately and earnestly seeking His presence in my heart and life.  Let's travel on, my friends, one step - one moment at a time.

No comments: