Jan 9, 2009

Whatever we call it...Call it Real

One of my favorite and sometimes "off the wall" authors is Max Lucado. He has written another book called In the Eye of the Storm. Without giving it all to you I think it to be a great book to see into the life of Jesus, maybe just for a day? Our worlds do get windy every so often, don't they...but there is calm in the midst of the storm when we know Jesus and just trust Him and take Him at his Word. This journey certainly has its' moments but one thing I know is the One who holds my future. Have a blessed day practicing His presence with me.

-- Love God more than you fear hell.

-- Once a week, let a child take you on a walk.
-- Make major decisions in a cemetery.
-- When no one is watching, live as if someone is.
-- Succeed at home first.
-- Don't spend tomorrow's money today.
-- Pray twice as much as you fret.
-- Listen twice as much as you speak.
-- Only harbor a grudge when God does.
-- Never outgrow your love of sunsets.
-- Treat people like angels; you will meet some and help make some.
-- 'Tis wiser to err on the side of generosity than on the side of scrutiny.
-- God has forgiven you; you'd be wise to do the same.
-- When you can't trace God's hand, trust his heart.
-- Toot your own horn and the notes will be flat.
-- Don't feel guilty for God's goodness.
-- The book of life is lived in chapters, so know your page number.
-- Never let the important be the victim of the trivial.
To sum it all up:
Approach life like a voyage on a schooner. Enjoy the view. Explore the vessel. Make friends with the captain. Fish a little. And then get off when you get home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bonnie, I love this post. The bullet points are valuable reminders of what each of my dsays should look like. I am listening closely to God's voice these days. Sometimes I get sucked into my own voice and it all falls apart. Loving my times of listening.