Apr 28, 2009

Why?


Why is it that we ask God questions, when we already know His answer? My husband sometimes gets frustrated with my "question asking" at times, but I wouldn't ask if I already knew the answer!
However, with God most things are already answered for us...even in black and white. But we still push the envelope, don't we. I have to believe that God knew when He created us, that we would question Him. That our inability to just trust that He knows what is best would most times be our downfall. He doesn't mind that we ask why, but He will never deviate from His Word or His character. Neither logic or justification on our part will change Him...and we can be thankful for that. If He weren't dependable, we would have no security, no hope. See what
Jeremiah 4:22 tells us:

“My people are foolish and do not know me,” says the Lord. “They are stupid children who have no understanding. They are clever enough at doing wrong, but they have no idea how to do right!”

So, now that we know this how can we be overcomer's, what is the secret? Read Romans 12: 2

"Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what he wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect."

I am thanking Him for his consistency, His sacrifice, and especially His patience... even with all my questions.

No comments: