Apr 23, 2009

How great is God's love for us...


A dear friend of mine told me today that she was going to go away and spend some time with God. I can only surmise that it was to the mountains not far from us. I wished her a time that would allow for God to meet her, then I was immediately taken in my minds' eye back to several different people whom God called to a place like this...usually a mountain, or at times a desert place. Something incredible always happened there when God met them. That meeting changed many things for them. It gave them focus; How could that not happen when you meet God Himself. It gave them direction. It gave them even an unmistakable aura that others could physically see. I have known other people in my life who have left me knowing that I had been in the presence of someone who knew Jesus. But most of all it seems that it gave them an assurance and a passion for the God they served. They saw life differently once they understood His directives in their lives. Adam & Eve met God each day in the cool of the garden, Noah built the ark according to God's plans, Moses met God three times - once at the burning bush, and another time on Mt. Sinai(x2). Many more are recorded and now we too, like my friend, are given the awesome privilege to meet God any where, any day, any time, He is willing to turn His face towards us, be our friend, embrace us as a Father, heal us, and restore us. See....even since the beginning of time this part of Him has never changed. He is the same yesterday, today, & forever. We mean everything to Him and He wants to mean everything to us. We were made to be vessels with cracks, not to weaken us, but so that the light of Jesus would shine through us. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

TJ said...

What a beautiful post. When we make God our everything, our lives do change. People are hungry for him and sometimes they don't even know it. It just seems to be that silent yearning...