May 21, 2009

Are you there?

I don't know about you but, sometimes do you read the Bible or pray and feel that God is not speaking to you through what you have read, or that your prayers have bounced off the ceiling? That’s okay. During times like these think of it as though you are storing up grain for the winter or ammunition for the battle. Reading God’s Word and/or praying is never a waste of time—His Word will never return void, and He always hears His children. Here's the Truth of it, no matter our feelings...
Isaiah 55:8-11
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

"I don't think the way you think.
Ephesians 3:16-19

"I pray that he will use his glorious riches to make you strong. May his Holy Spirit give you his power deep down inside you. Then Christ will live in your hearts because you believe in him.And I pray that your love will have deep roots. I pray that it will have a strong foundation. May you have power with all God's people to understand Christ's love. May you know how wide and long and high and deep it is. And may you know his love, even though it can't be known completely. Then you will be filled with everything God has for you."

The more time we spend in God’s Word, the more in tune we will be to His voice. Whether burning bush or gentle whisper, Lord, I want to hear you. Thank you that my faith is based not on feeling, but fact.

No comments: