May 22, 2009

Morning thoughts...


I am listening to an old hymn right now. Let me write the words for you..."Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word. Just to rest upon His promise. Just to know thus saith the Lord. Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him. How I've proved Him over and over. Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus. Oh, for (the) grace to trust Him more."
*(Another blog I watch daily was on the same "mindtrack" as me so I will borrow a few things of the writer to add...)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Proverbs 3:5-7 (The Message)

Now can I pray a minute with you?
Lord, thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit. Forgive me for not believing that you can clearly communicate to me through your spirit. Please teach me how to discern your voice. Help me to be quiet and still enough to allow you room to speak. Please give me wisdom to rightly hear you, and the patience to wait for you. Keep me diligently in your Word, and give me willingness to seek and learn from godly counsel. Thank you that you don’t leave me to flounder on my own, but you care intimately about every decision I make and desire to lead me into your perfect will. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you, miss you. Praying for you now.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for writing this. My name is Laurie; I'm from Springfield, MO. I'm 21. I'm having a tough time right now--I'm struggling with doubt and fear. You see, much devastation has happened to me 9 months ago, but God has been amazing to me and in fact gave me a promise about my near future. I've done nothing to have Him speak to me and give me such a gift...anyway, in part because of my own doing (revealing God's promise to others prematurely) I've received much discouragement from those around me. This has caused unbelief, worry, fear, confusion, discontentment, impatience and doubt in my heart, but I don't want any of it. I hate that I feel this way, but the scriptures you wrote on your blog spoke to my heart just now, especially Prov 3: 5-7. I have been trying to figure out everything on my own...it seems that only when I completely surrender and run to Him that I find any answers. Please pray that I continue doing so and that I do not ever give up waiting on Him, because we both know that He IS faithful. Thank you and God bless!