Aug 22, 2009

CRAZY LOVE

I know it's been awhile since I've written but ... hopefully you will be able to see where I've been and continue to be. It's a good place, for many reasons. I haven't been hiding, but I have been searching, because this "journey" never ends. Life happens and the quest to figure things out don't satisfy except to eventually bring us to the end of ourselves and magnify the fact that all roads lead back to the heart of God...if we are ready to recognize that we are "finite" and He is "infinite." This excerpt from a book aptly entitled, CRAZY LOVE, is my next read. Having completed more books in the past two years (most especially the past 12 months), than the past twenty, I have come to the conclusion once again that it's not what I add to what I already know, but rather how little I know ... when it comes to God and how I fit into all of this. He only is my Creator, my Friend, the one whose greatest desire is to have a personal, intimate relationship with me on a daily basis...Good, bad, or indifferent. Read and see what you think. Does it whet your appetite to know more? Does mine.

"There is an epidemic of spiritual amnesia going around, and none of us
is immune. No matter how many fascinating details we learn about
God’s creation, no matter how many pictures we see of His galaxies,
and no matter how many sunsets we watch, we still forget.
Most of us know that we are supposed to love and fear God; that we
are supposed to read our Bibles and pray so that we can get to know
Him better; that we are supposed to worship Him with our lives. But
actually living it out is challenging.
It confuses us when loving God is hard. Shouldn’t it be easy to love
a God so wonderful?When we love God because we feel we should love
Him, instead of genuinely loving out of our true selves, we have forgotten
who God really is. Our amnesia is flaring up again.
It may sound “un-Christian” to say that on some mornings I don’t
feel like loving God, or I just forget to. But I do. In our world, where
hundreds of things distract us from God, we have to intentionally and
consistently remind ourselves of Him."
See for yourself ~ http://www.crazylovebook.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bonnie, Let's read this together. Want to start this week? Call you today! xoxo