Aug 30, 2009


The following is a quote from the pastor of my home church in San Luis Obispo... and I am the second blogger to use it. "Parenting can be painful. We can only survive the pain if our kids are not the center of our lives - Jesus needs to be the center of our lives, so we have Someone to hold onto when life hurts."Our kiddos are now 26, 23, & 19 years of age. Side note here: How come I can remember their birth weights, likes, dislikes, whereabouts, etc. and can't remember these days where I parked the car, or set my purse or phone down...SAD, Sad, sad! Seems that parenting in many ways never gets easier than it does to live our lives as unto the Lord each day. We deal with growing pains, sleepless nights, and ATTITUDE non-stop, don't we. Big pay-back, I think. As I usually do these days, I find myself contrasting my own experience as a Mom to how God deals with us on a moment by moment basis. However, He responds differently than I....I, much of the time fail to "respond" and "react" instead. Everything is a picture of His relationship with us. The old hymnn goes like this, "I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazerene...and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned unclean. He took my sins and my sorrow, He made them His very own. He bore the burden to Calvary, and suffered and died alone. How marvelous, how wonderful, and my song shall ever be, How marvelous how wonderful, is my Savior's love for me."

Just a little something to get your long week-end a humming. Wish I could share a cup of coffee or tea with each of you! &;-)

1 comment:

Mama Mote said...

I really liked that quote. Wish we could share some tea, too. Just look where God has taken us all. Lots of memories.