Sep 9, 2008

He giveth...and giveth...and giveth again.

Tuesday mornings are good for me...or should I say they turn out to be good for me. Accountability is everything, right? I meet with some very special friends on these mornings. We just finished both "Captivating" & "Wild at Heart." I know these books are controversial, but after reading them and discussing them at great depth, I've decided that God could, if He wanted to, show me areas that were still in need of surrender to Him. I went, not expecting, but ready to ask the hard questions and willing to take His answers. Being transparent is sometimes, no, most times a hard thing to be. I've discovered that all it entails is being really truthful & willing to make the necessary changes. We like to "sugar coat" a lot about ourselves, don't we? This is why Jesus came and literally lived his life in front of us. Not one time have I ever read that He said what we wanted to hear, or acted in a way that was politically correct. However, He did always please his Father. The overwhelming message that has been given to us is that everything that has been put in place since creation, has been done because of His great, expansive, inexhaustible, unchanging love for each of us. This love is what He wants us to experience. These next several weeks (or months), we will be reading through the first five books of the Bible. This morning we hardly scratched the surface, just getting through Creation and have left poor Noah & family just leaving the Ark for the first time following the flood. Everything must have looked so strange to them after their time inside that Ark. This is where I want to start again...Like everything is new, exciting, and different. A new day in my Journey with Jesus and my friends (whom I wouldn't trade for the world.) We are starting over ....in the Beginning. God's grace to Noah, his family, and to us, is never ending. Remember, there were only eight people in that huge ship, with God only knows how many animals. No one else would listen. If only, all that were left behind had taken advantage of His Grace in time. When we focus on that grace and love, our perspective is bright...like the rainbow. His Covenant to us. Take a look or if you know the song, hum these words of one of my favorite hymns. I think they fit!

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

3 comments:

Nonni said...

Are you using a book for this new journey through the word? Or are you just reading through it unaided?
Also, I'd be interested in hearing that song. Its new to me. I especially like these verses...
His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
Good post...til next time!

Bonnie said...

No, just going thru chapter by chapter so far. I've looked at one by Kay Arthur and Max Lucado, but haven't decided on whether or not to commit to the extra time needed for the lesson itself. I did buy the classic movie by John Huston called "The Bible...In the Beginning. It is really quite well done and is pretty much scriptural so far. Only one differential that I've found, and not critical. The cinematography is quite good, and I like seeing things with my eyes to compare to what scripture says. As for the song, I will find it somewhere and email it to you. It's an old song that I'm thinking you've heard before and would recognize it when you hear it. Thanks for visiting. Love you.

Nonni said...

Good afternoon!
I am playing "hookie" from chores and stopped in to see if you had posted anything new...I'm hungry for more! It is such a blessing that we are on the same path...walking together is so much better than walking alone. Love you too!