Sep 4, 2008

I need to go to bed...

What is it about me that I can't keep my eyes open in the mid afternoon and then I'm ready to go once the clock strikes ten. Give me a job to do and I'll tackle it while the moon is shining. I'm having a yard sale tomorrow morning starting at 7 a.m. I can guarantee you that when my alarm rings at six I won't be willing and my flesh will be weak. But my garage is overfull and all the cars are in the driveway. Backwards wouldn't you say? Guess if I can rid myself of some of the big stuff it will at least give us room to organize and go forward. This business of "downsizing" has it's perks though. Smaller house, one story, more room outside, a pool that we all love, closets that are empty still...sounds good, doesn't it? I've always wanted to live in the country where the lights come from the sky at night. No streetlamps, no sidewalks, lots of trees, and neighbors that appreciate the lack of the city hustle-bustle. We have an acre here that nurtures 32 fruit trees, some grape vines, and I have been resurrecting the rose bushes successfully. Cut some flowers and brought them into the house two nights ago.
Andrew bought his first car a few days ago. Found it on Craig's list (gotta love that site) for $500...the seller took $400. Has a good 6 cyl. engine & a 5 spd. transmission. He's been working on it and enjoying the freedom he has with it. Just an old jeep, but after painting it flat black with a jillion spray cans, installing a stereo system, replacing a side window that he broke from one he found at a junk yard, and putting some good old fashioned elbow grease into it, he now has a vehicle that even the previous owner wouldn't recognize on the street. I'm very proud of him! He's had alot of help from his buddies ,and of course his Dad, but he's been in charge. Nothing like a first car for a guy.
Don't ask me why but the verse in James 1:17 comes to my mind, "
Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.
He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." Reminds me of my house here in the country, where I can look up and see the brightness of the sky at night and of God's goodness to give my only son a car that, altho it is anything but perfect, fits the bill and he is having fun with it. It's so good to know that our God is in the details!

No comments: