Sep 1, 2008

A little Meloncholy today...

This morning has not gone very smoothly. Woke up to the dogs barking and people shouting. One of those "where am I" moments. Put me in a pensive mood to say the least. Didn't get home until after midnight from the sprint car races lastnight. Great races, wonderful company, but kind of felt unusually melancholy when I found myself looking at my "kids" all growing up. My own three have already stepped over that thresh hold and these babies, now 9, 6, 4, & 3, are all going to start school in one more day. I don't hate to see them grow up, but I do hate that they aren't babies anymore. They all hold intelligent conversations, deal with their own relationships, are learning what it is to be decisive, as well as experience the consequenses thereof, talk back, vasilate between independance and babyhood, etc. Most of all it is a little sad to me that I have to nurture my relationship with them as they struggle and grow to become themselves. Does that make sense? Change isn't usually that hard for me, but for some reason I'm thinking it would be so much easier to just have those that matter most always see you in the same light. Maybe it's acceptance of who we are that I'm talking about. If we love someone why can't they always just love back? Love is a risk, isn't it? People change. Guess this is Life Lesson #2,259...God is teaching me again today, starting with lastnight, that the only thing secure is his love, his faithfulness, his acceptance, because He alone knows me. All that I am is of the utmost importance to Him. My friend Paul the apostle puts it well, "I know I have no regrets. I couldn't be more sure of my ground—the One I've trusted in can take care of what he's trusted me to do right to the end," II Tim. 1:12...even at times if I look like that cat hanging from the branch by his claws!

Here is something a friend sent me today... A timely reminder.
The most beautiful rainbow As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

No comments: