Jan 5, 2009

Decision time!

Enough of my friend, Neil...now on to the realities of life. No, I'm not going to get all serious and gloomy with you, instead I would like to know what you personally have set as a goal for this new year. I heard a statement today that will stay in my "frontal lobes" for quite some time, I think. It was(and I quote loosely) "God doesn't care as much about what we do, whether it be to work hard at our business, make money, or even how much we make, as He is concerned that we give Him the praise and glory for whatever we accomplish." That means to me that my heart has to be right. My perspective needs to be in alignment with what He has for me in every area of my life. Can we just remember to MAKE ROOM FOR OUR SAVIOR? Satan just wants to "derail" us at every turn. So let me be the first to say that my goal is most importantly to strive to consciously live within God's plan and purpose for me each day. That's an impossible feat, I know, but Ephesians 3:20 says what I want and need to hear and can unequivocally depend upon. Here is what it says... "God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." This is what I want. To be a woman that seeks His heart, who is gentle and loving in all ways, and one that encourages others to not fear following their Lord. Here comes a verse from another old hymn. They just kind of float thru sometimes ... It will be worth it all when we see Jesus. Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ. One glimpse of his dear face, all sorrows will erase. So greatly run the race. Till we see Christ. Let me know what your thoughts are.

1 comment:

Casey said...

What hymn is that from? For some reason I can't place it and I can't hear the melody in my head.