Apr 19, 2009

Absolutely Passionate


Well, the inhibitions have all but passed. My fears of the unknown have dimmed as these past three days have gone by. Not that I still don't have alot to learn, but on the other hand some things, as always, do come natural...so I concentrate on what I'm good at...people of all ages.
This morning while listening to our Pastor encourage us to
Passionately follow Jesus, the thought came to me that "even this, Bonnie, is MY doing,(says He.) I can use YOU Here! Of course you can, Father! Life is never what we make of it, is it? But it is all about what He wants to do with it, and to and through us. It occurs to me that the word PASSIONATE does not necessarily have anything to do with the human definition that we all know. Rather, it has everything to do with how God feels about us, and wants us to feel about Him...This is why He gave us emotions and feelings for others, because of His great passion for us, and so we could just begin to understand how He feels about His children. Everything is a "type-cast" of Him. Oh, I get it, (I say.) Every relationship, each personal challenge, all things are set up for us to see God and His character more clearly, and to become better because of our passion to be obedient to Him above everything else. Hope you have a blessed day, and if you need something to do, try watching "The Passion of Christ." In it you will see that God has gone completely out of His way to prove that His motivation has always and only been, to prove His love for each of us. As this picture shows...We can forget about any boundaries that stand between God and ourselves!

1 comment:

Nonni said...

Thank you for these true and inspiring words!
Deb :-)